[cvsnt] Re: Reverting by date (need quick help please)

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Apr 30 18:41:08 BST 2004

Kevin wrote:
> My collegue committed changes to some files by mistake yesterday. The
> mistakes are on the main trunk.
>
> I am trying to revert back to the version before the commit, the probelm is
> that there is no tag. I am trying to use dates.
>
> I have tried these commands on an up-to-date sandbox:
> cvs update -jHEAD:yesterday
> cvs update -jHEAD -jHEAD:yesterday
> cvs update -jHEAD:now -jHEAD:yesterday

You could use rtag to tag yesterday, then revert back to that.
Something like this should work:

cvs rtag -D yesterday LastGoodCode
cvs up -j HEAD -j LastGoodCode

I think that shoud work.

I was playing a little with the update yesterday--it seems to be
behaving strangely to me too, but I might have it's usage wrong??

--
Glen Starrett