[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT installer does not start the services....

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Sun Aug 1 12:03:04 BST 2004

> > STRANGE ERROR MESSAGE WORDING
> > Anyway, when this happens the result is that client receive the
> > infamous error message:
> > "cvs [version aborted]: connect to altair:2401 failed: No connection
> > could be made because the target machine actively refused it."
>
> This is a system error message and nothing to do with CVSNT - I'm not
> about to start inventing my own wording for all the combinations of
> error message.

This error is also known as "The server ain't listening on that port mate."
or if you know the server *is* listening on that port, it become "Oh good
grief, your client has got a firewall or some darn anti-virus program
running that's screwing with your network connections.". ;-)

Greetings from sun-drenched Luxembourg,

David