[cvsnt] Re: Administrative file perms in checkoutlist

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Aug 1 20:19:31 BST 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> When I check out the files normally the exec is set properly too.  It's
> just when the admin files are rebuilt that it doesn't set the perms.
> Same thing happens for .pl or no extension files.

Hmm we deliberately don't honour permission bits in CVSROOT (partly
because of the problems it caused on some NT machines and partly because
it adds an extra layer of security - if you can't checkin an executable
script it's harder to do nasty things with the server).

Perhaps we need a flag in config to enable this where required.