[cvsnt] Unknown expansion option 'P'

David Somers dsomers at trevezel.com
Tue Aug 10 17:12:46 BST 2004

Greetings,

Running 2.0.51b.

I just tried to update one of my admin files, and I got the following error:

W:\omz13\cvsroot>cvs commit maintenance.cmd
Checking in maintenance.cmd;
/omz13/CVSROOT/maintenance.cmd,v  <--  maintenance.cmd
done
cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database
cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'P'.
cvs server: invalid RCS expansion flags
Valid flags are one of:
t       Text file (default)
b       Binary file (merges not allowed).
B       Binary file using binary deltas (merges not allowed).
u       Unicode (UCS-2) file with BOM.
{encoding}      Extended encoding type
Followed by any of:
c       Force reserved edit.
k       Substitute keyword.
v       Substiture value.
l       Generate lockers name.
L       Generate Unix line endings on checkout.
o       Don't change keywords.
z       Compress deltas within RCS files.
(Specify the --help global option for a list of other help options)
cvs commit: saving log message in C:\DOCUME~1\david\LOCALS~1\Temp\cvs99.tmp

Its very weird, as the expansion options look just fine to me:

W:\omz13\cvsroot>cvs status maintenance.cmd
File: maintenance.cmd   Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.2
   Repository revision: 1.2     /omz13/CVSROOT/maintenance.cmd,v
   Expansion option:    kv
   Commit Identifier:   ca44118eaa01b0e
   Sticky Tag:          (none)
   Sticky Date:         (none)