[cvsnt] rtag and modules2

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Tue Aug 10 22:00:49 BST 2004

I recently upgraded my CVSNT server and clients to CVSNT 2.0.51a

Everything was fine until I tried to use rtag on an ampersand module.

Here is the relevant piece of my modules file:
m90run m90run
m90runu -a util/awout.for   util/dates.for  util/delldg.for  util/filgen.for \
           util/formlp.for  util/formtp.for util/lclwout.for util/mkpdfbp.for \
           util/mkpdfhf.for util/pginfo.for util/qtwout.for  util/ralwout.for \
           util/rdcty3.for  util/tarray.for util/trace.for   util/vspout.for \
           util/wrtspip.for util/wrtspl.for util/chardat.inc util/compopt.inc \
           util/intedat.inc util/pdfcom.inc util/realdat.inc util/interpd.lib \
           util/getver.for
md90 &m90runu &m90run

Here is my rtag problem:
Saved settings for C:\work successfully...
cvs -x rtag CVS_Test md90
cvs rtag: duplicate key found for `util'
cvs rtag: duplicate key found for `b27awt'
cvs [rtag aborted]: Error communicating with lock server (send)

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I figured that I might need to switch to the modules2 format but have utterly failed to implement even the simplest module definition with modules2.
I do have several questions:
Would the modules2 format solve my rtag problem?

If I want to use modules2:
Is that accomplished by changing the format of the contents of the modules file or by creating a file called modules2?

I tried simply deleting everything in my modules file and start with this basic file:
[eriktest]
b27awt

but commiting this file yeilds ther following response:
cvs -x commit -m "Don't you wish I would stop this nonsense?" modules (in directory C:\work\CVSROOT\)
Checking in modules;
/floe/CVSROOT/modules,v  <--  modules
done
cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database
cvs server: warning: NULL value for key `[eriktest]'
cvs server: warning: NULL value for key `[eriktest]'

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

And from a terminal window, cvs ls -l yields the following:
[snip]
cvs server: warning: NULL value for key `[eriktest]'

Virtual modules on server (CVSROOT/modules file)

cvs server: warning: NULL value for key `[eriktest]'
m90run       st]

I am WAY lost here.
Can someone help me?

Regards,