[cvsnt] Re: rtag and modules2

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Aug 10 23:20:50 BST 2004

Warren, Erik wrote:
> cvs [rtag aborted]: Error communicating with lock server (send)

That means something's corrupting your TCP/IP communication.

The last time I saw that was when an app had installed a beta version of
WinPCap (in that case I couldn't even perform reliable communication
with the local machine - it was really hard to track down).

It wouldn't expect *anything* to work correctly until this is fixed as
the client/server protocol may be corrupted.  Even file transfer isn't
going to be particularly reliable.

It is nothing to do with modules/modules2.