[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT + Active Directory?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Aug 12 00:40:12 BST 2004

coliva at simon.com wrote:
> Apparently, we will be moving to an Active Directory configuration in the
> not-too-distant future.  I've checked in Google and in the archive for this
> group, but haven't seen much useful in understanding how this will be
> different from NT security configurations.  Any pointers to info?  Can
> CVSNT work with Active Directory at all?

There isn't much different.  Active Directory adds implicit gserver
support, and sspi will be more secure (both will use kerberos encryption
to secure the packets).  There is the possibility in future of adding
published repositories and remote administration in the forest, but it's
not in this release.