[cvsnt] Re: How to Commit from another account?

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Thu Aug 12 06:49:51 BST 2004

> I guess this is not too surprising since we are using Windows accounts and
> the sandbox on Marty's machine was created with the Marty account. I tried
> logging in as Siegfried to do the commit and I received the permission
> denied error again. How do I grant marty write and delete access to the
> repository?

If you want to grant access to Marty, make sure he's one of the users of
the server where your repository is (or in the domain) and grant him
write and read access to the repository on NTFS level. Do this if you're
using SSPI (Which files are affected is described on Bo's installer page).

If you have chosen pserver, make sure, Marty is in the passwd file (For
the format of the passwd file, see the docs) in the CVSROOT directory in
your repository.

HTH
Regards
	Andreas