[cvsnt] Looking at an old version of a file

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Aug 12 08:24:58 BST 2004

I'm using emacs to edit program source. I'm on rev 1.3. I had made some
changes and I wanted to momentarily roll back to look at rev 1.2. So with
the emacs buffer full, go to the command prompt and type cvs -r 1.2
filename. This works and I determine the problem. I no longer need a copy of
1.2. I have a modified version of 1.3 in the emacs buffer so I save it and
try to commit it. CVSNT complains and says

cvs server: sticky tag `1.3' for file `generate-xml-webservice.el' is not a
bran
ch
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
cvs commit: saving log message in
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\cvs20F.tmp

I'm stuck! How to I commit this file? I want to create 1.4.

   Thanks,
           Siegfried