FW: [cvsnt] cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `convex.pl'

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Aug 18 00:17:21 BST 2004

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> Hmm, the only suspicious thing about that commandline that I could see is
> that he still gave a vendor branch and release tag even though he also used
> the -n option (aka "don't create vendor branch and release tag"). Wouldn't
> that just be ignored? Where did you deduce he was issuing this in a

I think with -n any tags will be rendered as release tags (there have
always been an arbitrary number of these).

> CVS-controlled folder? Anyway I frequently import from existing sandboxes
> and there is no problem as "CVS" is already in the built-in ignore list,
> thus the control files will simply be ignored and not imported.
> And what did you mean by "you haven't specified a subdirectory"?
> Importing to a "sub-module" is also no problem. I do it all the time.

I didn't think you could do that - I'd expect the existing
CVS/Repository file to make the import relative (from a cursory look at
the client source that looks like what happens anyway).

> This latter bit will probably fail however if the imported directory
> structure did indeed already contain such control files, even though I seem
> to remember that import simply overwrote those regardless of prior
> content...

Yes, -C is pretty dumb when it comes to existing sandboxes.