FW: [cvsnt] cvs server: Up-to-date check failed for `convex.pl'

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Aug 18 00:47:03 BST 2004

> I think with -n any tags will be rendered as release tags (there have
> always been an arbitrary number of these).

Ah yes, makes sense.

> > CVS-controlled folder? Anyway I frequently import from existing
sandboxes
> > and there is no problem as "CVS" is already in the built-in ignore list,
> > thus the control files will simply be ignored and not imported.
> > And what did you mean by "you haven't specified a subdirectory"?
> > Importing to a "sub-module" is also no problem. I do it all the time.
>
> I didn't think you could do that - I'd expect the existing
> CVS/Repository file to make the import relative (from a cursory look at
> the client source that looks like what happens anyway).

Maybe we're misunderstanding eachother here. What I was talking about was:

cvs im -n Module/SubModule

This simply creates the new module at $RepositoryRoot$/Module/SubModule .

As for importing from an existing sandbox (if that was the bit you were
replying to), here's what I regualrly do:

I have one working copy of a library checked out from sourceforge.
We use portions of this library and sometimes make local modifications to
it, therefore we also maintain this library in our own repository.
In order to sync the two, I currently use WinMerge to copy selected updated
files into our own working copy (the one we actually use for builds).
I then run Import in our existing sandbox and afterwards do a cvs up -C on
it to get the metadata up to date. If new files have been added I have to
delete them first before doing the update.

I would expect that I would also be able to run the import directly in the
SF.net sandbox without using WinMerge in between but that way I could not do
the selective import I do now and I also couldn't do a test compile and
stuff before actually importing (it might turn out the updated code is not
worth importing yet).

Cheers,

--
Oliver