[cvsnt] CVSNT on Linux :: no luck with pserver

Ruth, Brice bruth at fiskars.com
Wed Aug 18 22:48:18 BST 2004

Greetings. I'm attempting to setup CVSNT on a Linux box using pserver,
except that something early in the process is entirely wrong. Through my
client, I keep getting "connection reset" messages - if I try to simply
telnet to the CVS server on port 2401, the connection is closed immediately.

I've followed the directions provided in the Wiki for setting up CVSNT
on Linux & enabling pserver through xinetd and setting up the
/etc/cvsnt/PServer file.

But, I'm getting nothing here ... the cvspserver log file does not
contain any useful messages - simply a START and FAIL message for each
connection attempt (no causes or details provided).

I'm at my wits end here, please help!!

--
Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands Inc