[cvsnt] Re: REPOST Locking & Security Problems

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Aug 20 00:16:28 BST 2004

John De Lello wrote:
> Now the problem is, CVS is trying to create the #cvs.lock stuff inside
> F:\home\cvs\proj1 which fails for any user who is not in the cvs_proj_write
> group.

If CVS is creating #cvs.lock files you are *not* running the lockserver.

Don't muck around with lockdir and stuff it just leads to pain - let the
lockerver handle it.

> How can I tell CVSNT to put lock files in a specific folder that is NOT in
> the repository? BTW, we can't upgrade to 2.05 since there seems to be a bug
> with processing the loginfo file in that version.

If you're not prepared to upgrade as far as a version that's 12 months
old then there's not a lot that can be done, as nobody is running
anything that old to test against.