[cvsnt] Re: Request for testing: Case sensitive filesystem driver

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Aug 20 22:15:15 BST 2004

John Peacock wrote:

> As I understand it, it isn't all that hard to change the FRS and not
> update the MFT (for example, something which uses the 8.3 filename like
> DOS-based edit).  This is what I believe the Cygwin people found when
> they tried to support case-sensitive natively with NTFS.

I can't cause any breakage on my machine...  In case sensitive mode it
doesn't normally generate the 8.3 filename.  If you modify such a file
(even using DOS edit) it wipes the 8.3 entry on saving.

It won't be a problem on the server as the case sensitivity is only
active while cvs.exe is accessing the repository or its temp directories.