[cvsnt] Checkout to nested directories failing in v2.0.51d

Michael michaels at ariadne.iz.net
Mon Aug 23 15:09:46 BST 2004

We have recently upgraded to v2.0.51d (to resolve a WSAD merge issue not
supported by IBM/Eclipse).  (BTW - Thanks for fixing their problem -
again.:)

We have several scripts which perform checkouts during deployments.  Any
script which uses a destination directory 1 level below the current working
directory succeeds.  Any script with a destination directory more than 1
level below the working directory fails.  Here is an example:

F:\ Directory1 					--> Current Working
Directory - where scripts are launched from
F:\ Directory1\Directory2			--> This would work -
regardless of whether Directory2 previously existed
F:\ Directory1\Directory2\Directory3		--> This fails - regardless
of whether Directory2 or Directory3 previously existed

A sample of the command being used is (issued from the current working
directory listed above):

cvs -z9 -d :sspi:RepositoryServer:/RepositoryName checkout -R -r BranchName
-d .\Directory1\Directory2 "Source/Workflow/Workflow Maps"

The error message received is (F:\Temp is the CVS Temp directory on the
server):

Cvs server: cwd=F:\Temp\cvs-serv1372,current=F:\Temp\cvs-serv1372
Cvs server: cannot chdir to Directory2: No such file or directory
Cvs server: ignoring module.

We have v2.0.26 running on another server and it works fine.  V2.0.41a was
running successfully on the server we just updated to v2.0.51d (until the
update).  Is there a setting or workaround that will permit checkouts to
destination directories more than 1 level from the current working
directory?

Thanks,

Michael