[cvsnt] Re: Errors on import

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Aug 25 16:50:56 BST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:13:09 -0400, Doug Rilee <drilee at mmnn.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>I receive the following message as an ERROR when I try to import this
>project into my repository.  I am a new user to CSV and still trying to sort
>out all of the details.
>
>Warning : Files have escape characters in it

As you see this is *NOT* an error, it is just a warning!!
What it means is that CVS has found characters outside the "normal"
US-ASCII range in the file and is *warning* the user that the file
might not be OK.
Happens a lot in Europe where we have all these national accented
characters...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)