[cvsnt] Ode to CVSNT

Warren, Erik Erik.Warren at delta.com
Thu Dec 2 21:27:55 GMT 2004

To Tony (and other contributors like Bo with his mailer and Oliver and
his python scripts) I wish to convey my sincerest thanks for all the
time and effort that have gone into developing CVSNT over the last
couple of years.
In 2002 my department moved our aircraft performance analysis FORTRAN
code from our mainframe to the PC.  We needed a source code control
package and CVSNT perfectly fit the bill.  The improvements that have
been made to CVSNT in the short time since then are absolutely
astounding!  I have been a member of this email list during that time
and I cannot count the times that I learned something new or was
prevented from doing something dumb by reading this list.

Thus it is with no small amount of regret that I relate that we have
decided to move from CVSNT to ClearCase for our SCC needs.  Mainly this
is due to the fact that our IT subsidiary uses ClearCase and so all
company policy and procedures assume that SCC is handled by ClearCase
makes this attractive for us.  I am hanging up my CVSNT administrator
hat but I learned a lot in the last 2 years and it was an enjoyable
learning experience.

Best Wishes,
Erik Warren
Sr. Engineer - Flight Operations Engineering
Delta Air Lines