[cvsnt] Advice about upgrade

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Wed Dec 8 10:33:27 GMT 2004

Community technical support mailing list was retired 2010 and replaced with a professional technical support team. For assistance please contact: Pre-sales Technical support via email to sales@march-hare.com.

Euh... OK. I'll wait a bit longer to do the upgrade:
- What are the consequences of the detected bugs in 2.0.58d? Can they
ruin my repository?
- Will 2.0.62 only contain bug fixes, or also new features on top of
- From what I'm reading here, 2.0.62 is the version that will have Bo's
reported bug fixed, but it will be a testing release. Should I use that
one (this is not for personal projects, but for projects at the office,

The reason I want to upgrade is that I'm getting strange conflicts when
merging a branch into the main trunk:
cvs server: CalcMFCCsAndDeltas.cpp: permission mismatch between 1.3 and
cvs server: nonmergeable file needs merge
cvs server: revision from repository is now in
cvs server: file from working directory is now in
C applications/CalcMFCCsAndDeltas/CalcMFCCsAndDeltas.cpp

I read that it had something to do with some old code in CVS that uses
file permissions etc... and read that it would be better to upgrade the
CVSNT server. And here I am...

Thanks for all the good work btw!


Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Where do I report the taginfo bug so it gets handled then?
> I know about it... it'll be fixed in 2.0.62
> I'm changing the release ordering around a bit, since 'stable'
> releases are happening further apart (not least because more work is
> being done with them).
>  From the 2.0.62 release (hopefully tonight/tommorow otherwise at the
> weekend) it'll be:
> stable: 2.0.58d
> testing: 2.0.62
> unstable: 2.0.63
> Version numbers won't change as often as I'm using build numbers now
> so they don't need to (ie. if I release another 2.0.62 testing it'll
> just have a higher build number).
> Stable releases will not get updated unless there's a security alert
> on them.
> Testing releases will be updated when the code 'seems stable' - it's
> had some testing but isn't a true stable release.  If you're waiting
> for a bug fix and can't wait for the next stable then the testing one
> is the one to use.
> Unstable releases will be updated when I think there's some new things
> that need looking at... they'll build and will usually work.
> I'll also be putting up a roadmap for CVSNT (probably at the weekend)
> which will give stable release dates for the next year or so, plus
> planned enhancements (those that it's prudent to pre-announce anyway).
> Tony

More information about the cvsnt mailing list
Download the latest CVSNT, TortosieCVS, WinCVS etc. for Windows 8 etc.
@CVSNT on Twitter   CVSNT on Facebook