[cvsnt] Re: Possible to build InnoSetup installation using downloaded binaries?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Dec 8 22:42:34 GMT 2004

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Is it used by cvsnt in any way? I have installed 2.0.58d on my PC adn
> according to the InnoSetup script it should have been deposited in
> system32/drivers, but I cannot find it on my PC either. So I guess it
> is not vital or only used for some obscure option thta I did not
> install?

It's not vital at all.. it just enables cvsnt to use case insensitive
repositories (plus some other funky stuff eventually).

If you're not getting complaints from Unix users that 'Test.txt' ==
'TEST.txt' then you probably don't need it :)

> I might be able to create a different site with a fresh 10 Mb disk
> space using another of the 5 user accounts I have. If so then I can do
> it and they also have a visit counter that could be used somehow. I
> don't know how to count downloads though...
> (I'm not a html guru so I don't know what can be done. I do have SSI
> and not much more available there except they have packaged scripts
> for people to use like the visit counter.

If you can get the logs then just counting the downloads after the fact
is fine... just a ballpark (it's helpful to know if 2000 people a day
decide to download it, but the difference between 2000 and 2050 isn't
enough to worry about).