[cvsnt] Re: Possible to build InnoSetup installationusingdownloaded binaries?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Dec 13 18:42:43 GMT 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:41:54 +0100, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>Yes, I agree a bout the paths. Source script location is now a few levels down from the cvsnt top
>and it refers to D:\cvsbin as the binaries location. I changed it to point to a folder
>named cvsnt but located inside the cvsnt module ({cvsnt}/cvsbin
>Thus the paths from the script poit of view could be set as ..\..\cvsbin.
>
>The compression thing is a bit harder though, because I don't want to upgrade my Inno
>because we use version 4.1.5 in several cases where I am involved and upgrading
>may cause some non-wanted effects. In any case the only new functionality Tony
>has used is the extra compression that gains a few % in file size. I commented out
>these and all was working fine aftrewards.
>
>I will look into the paths business when I get home tonight.
>
>/Bo

Here is the diff of the cvsnt.iss file I use successfully and the one
in the repository:

RCS file: /usr/local/cvs/cvsnt/installer/innosetup/cvsnt.iss,v
retrieving revision 1.1.2.1
diff -r1.1.2.1 cvsnt.iss
4,7c4
< #define AppVersion0 GetFileVersion("d:\cvsbin\cvs.exe")
< #ifndef AppVersion
< #define AppVersion Copy(AppVersion0, 1, RPos(".",AppVersion0)-1)
< #endif
---
> #define AppVersion GetFileVersion("..\..\cvsbin\cvs.exe")
9a7
> SourceDir=..\..\cvsbin
18c16
< LicenseFile=D:\cvsbin\COPYING
---
> LicenseFile=COPYING
23,24c21
< OutputDir=D:\cvsbin
< Compression=lzma
---
> OutputDir=setup
30d26
< SourceDir=D:\cvsbin
34,35c30,31
< VersionInfoVersion={#AppVersion0}
< ;InfoAfterFile=relnotes.rtf
---
> VersionInfoVersion={#AppVersion}
> InfoAfterFile=relnotes.rtf
41,42c37,38
< ;SetupIconFile=D:\cvssrc\cvsnt\windows-NT\cvsnt.ico
< ;UninstallIconFile=D:\cvssrc\cvsnt\windows-NT\cvsnt.ico
---
> SetupIconFile=..\windows-NT\cvsnt.ico
> UninstallIconFile=..\windows-NT\cvsnt.ico
45d40
< InternalCompressLevel=ultra
46a42,43
> ;Compression=lzma
> ;InternalCompressLevel=ultra
108c105
< Source: sysfiles\secur32_w98.dll; DestDir: {sys}; DestName:
secur32.dll; Flags: uninsneveruninstall sharedfile onlyifdoesntexist;
MinVersion: 4.0.950,0; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,0
---
> ;Source: sysfiles\secur32_w98.dll; DestDir: {sys}; DestName: secur32.dll; Flags: uninsneveruninstall sharedfile onlyifdoesntexist; MinVersion: 4.0.950,0; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,0

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)