[cvsnt] cvs server : cannot write entry to log filter

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Dec 17 10:45:13 GMT 2004

You can run it when you are logged on perhaps, but the CVSNT service may not
be able to. Did you change the account under which CVSNT service runs or did you
check the execution permissions on perl.exe and cmd.exe?

If you have set the impersonation to off then everything is executed in the context
of the cvsnt service (normally SYSTEM) and it is not even clear that SYSTEM has access
to Perl and/or the temp folder.

There is really no connection between the CVSNT operations and the fact that you
yourself are logged on as a user with admin priviliges. What matters is what user
the cvsnt service runs under and if it will impersonate the connected user.
If you have impersonation on then the problem is the permissions granted to the
user who is sending in the cvs commit command.

/Bo