[cvsnt] Problem with commiting file

Hanley Hayes hanleyh1 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 16:19:04 GMT 2004

This is probably a simple error on my part.

I have a two computer setup. Computer A is the server, running cvsnt
service. Computer B is the client.

>From computer B I am able to do a remote import of my files. I am
also able to do a remote checkout. I am even able to do updates.  However,
if I try to do an add
(from client to remote repository), the add portion succeeds, but the
commit which is required fails. I get the message:

cvs [commit aborted]: cannot rename file
\\remotecomputername\repositoryname\,foo.h to
\\remotecomputername\repositoryname\,foo.h: File exists

My client computer is running WinXP. My server computer is running
Win2K.