[cvsnt] Re: Permission denied problem after upgrade to and reboot

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Dec 23 14:21:11 GMT 2004

Which operating system?
What other reason did you have to reboot?
If you had applied some Microsoft updates then most probably these
have tightened security so the errors appear.

Since you installed 2.0.58d as a replacement for 1.11.1.3b66 then
there are a lot of differences to handle.
One of them deal with the locking system, the old CVSNT used files for
locking and this may cause permission problems. The new CVSNT uses
"lockserver", but that hs to be activated in the repository
configuration (CVSROOT/config file).

And you have to check your setup concerning the repositories using the
CVSNT Control Panel configurator (green fish on Control Panel).

/Bo

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:52:24 +0100, "Koen" <no at ssppaamm.com> wrote:

>Any idea what is the problem here? I had just upgraded the CVSNT server
>a couple of weeks ago and now had to reboot the server it's running on
>for some other reason. And I can't access my CVS repositories any more!
>This is what I get on a CVS update on a client machine:
>
>--------------------------
>In D:\Temp: "E:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-P"
>"MAMI"
>
>CVSROOT=:pserver:ktanghe at ipem.ugent.be:/cvsMAMI
>
>cvs [server aborted]: Repository directory F:/CVSRepositories/cvsMAMI
>does not exist: Permission denied
>
>Error, CVS operation failed
>
>I didn't change anything at all to file permissions etc... on the
>server. I just installed a newer version.
>
>Any help highly appreciated!
>
>Koen

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)