[cvsnt] Re: Permission denied problem after upgrade to and reboot

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Dec 24 04:15:45 GMT 2004

Koen wrote:
> Any idea what is the problem here? I had just upgraded the CVSNT server
> a couple of weeks ago and now had to reboot the server it's running on
> for some other reason. And I can't access my CVS repositories any more!
> This is what I get on a CVS update on a client machine:

[snip]
> cvs [server aborted]: Repository directory F:/CVSRepositories/cvsMAMI
> does not exist: Permission denied

Check the directory above your repository, make sure the CVS users have
at least read and list directory permissions for the directories above
your repository.  I think that only happens when upgrading from a fairly
old version to a new one (where "old" could be anything > 6 months old,
when you're watching the details, revisions fly by).

--
Glen Starrett