[cvsnt] Re: Opposite of Import

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Dec 29 14:45:01 GMT 2004

Oliver Giesen wrote:

> P.S.: Please note that the CVSNT list unfortunately uses the rather
> uncommon and highly annoying  scheme of not setting the Reply-To header
> to the list. Thus, when replying to list mail, you have to use Reply-All
> and then manually remove the original sender from the recipient list.

While your instructions to use Reply-All is correct, your assertion that
the lack of a Reply-To header is uncommon is merely your opinion, and in
my experience is simply not true of the other lists I use regularly.
There are very good arguments that Reply-To is not appropriate for lists
to use (Mail-Followup-To was the suggested replacement but hardly any
mail clients support it):

	http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

I don't want to get into a fight over it, so suffice it to say that this
list's policy is that Reply's go to the the original poster and
Reply-All will include the list as well.

John