[cvsnt] Can't get access to repository

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Feb 19 16:56:06 GMT 2004

Alexey Fadeev wrote:

> Hello.
> I set up cvsnt at NT based mqchine and want to access to it
> from Linux host. I found a lot of examples how to get access from Win to
> Linux cvs but did't find any concerning getting it from Linux.
> What shall I write in my .bash_profile if I set repository directory
> as c:\CVS? cvs machine is in RND domain, user - ' fadeev'

Your CVSROOT should be ":pserver:domain\\username at host:/test" to use
pserver with credentials for domain\username on machine host in
repository test.  There is some support for SSPI on the Linux client now
also -- works for me just substituting :pserver: with :sspi:, and others
will work too (although I don't know the list offhand--sserver should,
others??).

.bash_profile could then include a line like:

    export CVSROOT=:sspi:domain\\username at host:/test

Or, in your case:

    export CVSROOT=:sspi:RND\\fadeev at host:/c//CVS

If all you users are from the same domain then I think you can set a
default domain that pserver et. al. will use for authentication, but I
don't recall how at the moment.

I'm using RedHat 9 for the CVS client and XP Pro as server in these
tests.  Normally I work the other way around.  My Linux box is much more
reliable than XP... to be fair though I do abuse my XP box a lot more :)

--
Glen Starrett

--(shameless plug)--
Help Scotty get his star: http://www.ScottysStar.com/