[cvsnt] Problem with cvstemp

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 2 01:09:18 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> Just for clarity to everyone reading this thread--Bo's suggestion to use
> LockServer is the officially recommended way to handle locks.  The SetAcl
> page actually indicates that's what I did in that installation example as
> well, but my message didn't make that clear.

It'll also happen automatically on the more recent CVSNT builds, so
there's no need to do anything special on them.  LockServer is what
gives you fine locking granularity and atomic checkouts (I'll eventually
ditch filesystem locks... I'll wait until everyone has forgotten about
their existence first though :)

Any permission errors relating to temp directories though are nothing to
do with locks - filesystem locks are put into the repository itself, so
you'd get the error there.  The temp directories hold a temporary
sandbox that the server uses to do its stuff.