[cvsnt] Absolute newbie: Cannot agree on an authentication scheme (got '')

Bjørn Toft Madsen sunbeam60 at sunbeam60.net
Mon Jan 5 03:16:15 GMT 2004

Hi all,

My first attempt at setting up CVS. Been following the clear guide at
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips and I need outside users to
access the CVS over an internet connection. Accordingly I figured I would
alias some user names to get onto the system.

However I get the following output:
F:\Documents and Settings\Bjørn Toft Madsen>cvs passwd -a -r "Bjørn Toft
Madsen" bjorn
cvs [passwd aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree on
an
authentication scheme (got '')

... and even if I try to set up a regular user (myself) using...