[cvsnt] New user installation question

Jeff Griglack jeffgriglack at acsproudman.com
Mon Jan 5 20:49:51 GMT 2004

I am attempting to install CVSNT on a Windows 2000 Professional machine and
am having a problem.  I am following the instructions in the Installation
tips at http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/InstallationTips.

The problem is that I am unable to set either the Repository Prefix or the
Temporary Directory using the browser dialog box.  When I hit the button to
open the browser dialog box, it opens briefly and then closes along with
the CVSNT Service Control Panel.  I believe that this stems from a problem
in my system that also prevents me from using the Windows Explorer (I get a
1002 error message - if you have insight into the solution for this
problem, I would also appreciate information).

I can, however, work around this in all cases except for CVSNT.  I was
surprised to find that there was no apparent way to enter the Repository
Prefix or the Temporary Directory other than through the browser
dialog.  Typically, you can type the path into a text box, but not here.

Is there an init file that I can edit to allow me to enter this information?

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff Griglack                                           Automatic Control
Systems, Inc.
jeffgriglack at acsproudman.com                            30 Waverly St.,
Taunton, MA 02780
                                                         (508) 880-2400