[cvsnt] Merge from BranchA to BranchB

Björn Carlsson bc_remove_ at passagen.se
Wed Jan 7 13:31:09 GMT 2004

I'm using CVSNT 2.0.12a as server and 2.0.12 as client (protocol sspi) and
I have a file - toblock.hpp (and some other files with the same problem).
This file has four branches on revision 1.14 (MPWIN_Branch_b141,
MPWIN_Branch_b141-1, MPWIN_Branch_610, MPWIN_Branch_b141-2_for_ED_611
(here I call it Branch611)).

I have made a change on MPWIN_Branch_b141 - this became rev 1.14.4.1

The head version has become revision 1.16 (also by merging in
MPWIN_Branch_b141), so the head rev. has the MergePoint 1.14.4.1

PROBLEM:Now I am working with Branch611 and I have tried to merge changes
from MPWIN_Branch_b141 to Branch611 - I don't get anything.

Branch611 has not been changed(for this file) so the revision in the
current sandbox is 1.14, and the file is tagged with the branchtag
Branch611.

I made the merge on lots of files and I got some of the changes, even if
many of the files I got really was unchanged. But some file seemed to
work, perhaps they were changed on Branch611 also?

Any changes regarding this in later versions?

I made an update of the server from 2.0.9 to 2.0.12a recently, should
there be any difference regarding this?

If you want the tobloch.hpp,v file:
http://hem.passagen.se/bc/favoriter/toblock.zip

I really tried to explain it carefully, but please ask me if you don't see
the picture.