[cvsnt] CVSNT - lost executable attr on linux

Alexander G. Bodnar alexbodnar at hotbox.ru
Wed Jan 14 11:01:22 GMT 2004

I have CVSNT server, which is operating under Windows 2000. I have also
few clients, whose operating systems are Linux (Linux clients), some
others clients have Windows operating system (Windows clients). Linux
clients and Windows clients are working under separate projects. I want
executable attribute to be saved only for Linux clients projects. I see
that CVSNT server saves status executable attribute in repository. If I
set on executable attribute and Linux client checkouts file and its OK,
it`s executable. But when Linux client makes some changes to file and will
make commit to file, than executable attribute sets off and file becomes
non-executable.  Windows clients are working on separate projects and
described above problem not appear to tnem.

How we can solve this problem?