[cvsnt] pserver change (??) between 2.0.10 and 2.0.23

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jan 29 14:55:09 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> It should work OK...  is your system using PAM?  If you've compiled
> with that enabled the authentication will use that instead... it could
> be that your PAM system is misconfigured so it doesn't
> authenticaticate properly.
>
> The -D option to passwd doesn't do anything on a Linux server...

Well when I didn't use -D it prompted me for a password.  I added -D, it
doesn't prompt me (puts "gstarret:" in the passwd file)  Apparently it's
a blank password instead of authenticating with PAM like I expected :(.
Is that a bug?

Not sure what I need to do to get that working again.  Must have been
affected by the upgrade.  I guess it's back to more "light" reading...  :)