[cvsnt] Re: Problem listing modules on NT4 Server

Jon McLin jmclin at andigilog.com
Thu Jul 1 16:45:27 BST 2004

>> The perceived problem:  "cvs ls" attempts to list directories in a
>> subdirectory of the repository, with the same name as the repository:
>> ie, my repository is "LearnCVS", cvsnt attempts to list modules in
>> "LearnCVS/LearnCVS"
>
> You probably set your Repository Prefix too deep.  In your case it
> should be "E:\cvsrepo", and NOT "E:\cvsrepo\LearnCVS".  From other
> comments though, that might not be the case??  It could be a bug, but I
> haven't seen it happen.
>
> What is in your modules file?  How are your repositories configured
> (control panel applet info)?
>
> --
> Glen Starrett

Glen,
Thanks for the response.
Modules file is the default - 26 lines of comments only, no entries.
In the control panel:
-	Repositories Tab
	-	"Repositories Prefix" is checked.
	-	Repository Prefix selection is "E:/cvsrepo"
	-	"Valid Repository Roots" contains a single entry "/LearnCVS"

Do note again that this is on NT4 Terminal Server:
CVSNT 2.0.41a on an NT4 server SP6, Terminal Server Edition.

I may try to setup the same configuration on a Win2K workstation box just to
see if the behavior is different.

Best regards,
Jon McLin