[cvsnt] Re: Update problems - file XXX was lost

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jul 13 17:01:07 BST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:38:03 +0200, Richard Wirth
<r.wirth at wirthware.de> wrote:

>I observed the same problem on my solaris test system using 2.0.47 as
>client against sourceforge server and cvsnt.org. But it was
>intermitant, always a second try passed without error messages. And I
>had no time to investigate :-(

Sounds like some sort of bug in the cvshome.org server (given that
.41a fixed the one protocol difference between cvsnt and cvs, and the
traces are now identical).  It's possible they've changed the protocol
somewhat and not kept the backward compatibility - cvsnt speaks 1.11.1
+ extensions, basically.  I can't see anything about it on the
cvshome.org site though...

Sourceforge use patched servers anyway,  so it might be there's a
common patch that's breaking it.  I'd have thought they'd test against
cvsnt now though after the last debacle... :)