[cvsnt] cvsnt and eclipse

Steve Forsyth steveforsyth at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 18:17:00 BST 2004

>From: Chris Morris <cvsnt at clabs.org>
>To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
>Subject: Re: [cvsnt] cvsnt and eclipse
>Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:30:29 -0500
>
>Chris Morris wrote:
>
>>Anyone care to help a dense-headed soul who can't get Eclipse (3.0)
>>configured properly? I only see the CVS Repository dialog as a way to
>>enter the data, and I'm not sure how to get the above connect string
>>broken down into the right edit box widgets on their form.
>
>Some more info.
>
>First off, I grabbed extnt.exe and .ini from 2.0.47-bin.zip, just those two
>files, but them in my WinCVS/CVSNT folder, rest of the versions in there is
>2.0.34 [Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.34 (client/server)] --
>should this work?

This is fine... the extnt.exe is a seperate app.

>Eclipse 3.0, I found the Window | Preferences | Team -> CVS -> Ext
>Connection Method.
>
>CVS_RSH is set to: C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.3.17.1\CVSNT\extnt.exe
>Parameters is: {host} -l {user}
>CVS_SERVER is: MyCvsNtServer

for CVS_SERVER, i just put "cvs server"... although, I don't know if it
makes a difference.

>Added a new CVS repository entry:
>
>Host: MyCvsNtServer
>Repository Path: e:/cvs
>User: DOMAIN/first.last

if your already logged into the domain... you only have to put your username
here... not the domain/username.  Probably not the problem though.

>Password: {NT Password}
>Connection Type: ext
>
>[x] Use Default Port.
>
>With all this, I get:
>
>The server reported an error while performing the "cvs valid-requests"
>command.
>   : [extnt] Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
>   : [extnt] SSL conneciton failed: error:140770FC:SSL
>routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocolerror 0 [extnt] Connection
>failed

You should try connecting from the command prompt. This might give you a
better error code. just go to where your extnt.exe file is and type the
following:

extnt.exe <host> -l <username> cvs server

If it connects... you won't see anything... it will just go to the next line
and look like it has hung. ctrl-c out and you then know you can connect
outside of Eclipse.