[cvsnt] Re: Update problems - file XXX was lost

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com
Tue Jul 13 18:16:32 BST 2004

Were you using a sufficiently large source base?  I think it's relevant.
The particular repository I'm working in has just under 21,000 files and
clocks in at 335 Mb.  Typically I'm modifying files in the sandbox that
are about 10,000 or so files into the update.  I think that the lag is
important; I couldn't reproduce on a trivial 150 file repository.  I
couldn't modify the files fast enough after the update started to get it
to occur.  It just seems like the client gets lost when files are
changed.

Are there 2 passes though the source tree?  The fact that all the files
that aren't in CVS appear at the top of the list makes me think that.
I'm wondering if things changing between these 2 passes is the issue?

Is there anything I can do to help debug?

chuck