[cvsnt] Re: Mergepoints

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jul 13 17:04:49 BST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:59:04 +0200, "Rodenbach, Tobias"
<trodenbach at de.adit-jv.com> wrote:

>- Are mergepoints only stored for merges to HEAD?

No, for all merges.

>- When is the mergepoint stored, after the merge or after the commit?

After the commit.

>- What happens if two communicationally challenged developers merge simultaneously from the same branch to HEAD?

One of them will get a conflict when they commit, and will have to
sort it out with the other person.

>- Why can't I see the mergepoints in my the "cvs log" output (see pasted output below)?

That's because you have pretend to be a unix server on.  You won't get
mergepoints because Unix cvs doesn't support them.  Unless you're
using eclipse (which doesn't support mergepoints either) it's not a
good idea to have this option on.