[cvsnt] cvs checkout -d does not work with *absolute* paths

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 23:11:36 BST 2004

Hi,

The following command sequence works well with my old 2.0.24 client.
We have several scripts depending on this "-d" behavior.

With 2.0.24 as a client it works as expected...

C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\xyz>cvs -d
:pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.24 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.48 (client/server)

C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\xyz>cvs -d
:pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs co -d c:\xyzw CVSROOT
cvs server: Updating c:\xyzw
U c:\xyzw/checkoutlist
U c:\xyzw/commitinfo
U c:\xyzw/config
U c:\xyzw/cvsrc
U c:\xyzw/cvswrappers
U c:\xyzw/editinfo
U c:\xyzw/loginfo
U c:\xyzw/modules
U c:\xyzw/notify
U c:\xyzw/rcsinfo
U c:\xyzw/taginfo
U c:\xyzw/test.txt
U c:\xyzw/verifymsg

C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\xyz>rmdir c:\xyzw /s /q

But with a 2.0.41 client...

C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\xyz>cvs -d
:pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.48 (client/server)

C:\Documents and Settings\daniel\xyz>cvs -d
:pserver:cvs at cvs.cvsnt.org:/usr/local/cvs co -d c:\xyzw CVSROOT
cvs checkout: Server attempted to update a file via an invalid pathname:
cvs [checkout aborted]: 'c:\xyzw/'.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Will it be fixed?

Thanks in advance

Daniel