[cvsnt] Re: cvs checkout -d does not work with *absolute* paths

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jul 16 00:04:05 BST 2004

Daniel Lapolla wrote:
> The following command sequence works well with my old 2.0.24 client.
> We have several scripts depending on this "-d" behavior.

At some point I hacked cvsnt to allow this (standard cvs has never
allowed absolute paths in client/server mode).  Security considerations
now mean that it cannot be allowed, so we're back to the standard behaviour.

> Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Will it be fixed?

It was a bug in the client to allow it in the first place - To allow a
server to write to arbitrary locations on a client is asking for trouble.