[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jul 23 16:36:45 BST 2004

Richard Wirth wrote:

> There seem to be some 'ugly' lines of code in info.c line 88/89.
> What could be argv[0] when argc is already zero??
> (This is the line where I get it crashing...)

argv is usually null terminated, but it's an assumption that shouldn't
be there.. better to check argc.

 > But even after fixing this I get:
 >

 > centaur:~/osdev/cvsnt_2/cvsnt$ cvs info -s
 > Available protocols on server:
 >
 > gserver             gserver 2.0.50 (MIT)
 > cvs info: Read data failed (5): error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
 > cvs [info aborted]: reading from server: error -1
 > <<<<<<<
 >
 > And even from the win32 build I get the same error...

Can't repeat that one...  I'm not sure what could cause it as
info doesn't do anything with the protocols, it just lists them.  It
looks like an ssl errror.

D:\cvssrc\cvsnt>cvs info -s
Available protocols on server:

gserver             gserver 2.0.50 (MIT)
sserver             sserver 2.0.50
pserver             pserver 2.0.50