[cvsnt] WinCVS or TortoiseCVS?

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Fri Jul 23 16:44:27 BST 2004

Our team uses a combination of Tortoise, WinCVS and the command line.
It's pretty much just been the preference around here, however, Tortoise
seems to have become the favorite because of the lightweightness and
accessability.

>>> "Paul Nusbaum" <paul.nusbaum at cgi.com> 7/23/2004 7:05:32 AM >>>
Hi there !

I realize not that there are more then one end-user CVS tool available
-
I've installed both WinCVS and Tortoise to test them out.

So far I have noticed that Tortoise integrates into the Windows
Explorer -
coming from the Rational ClearCase camp this is definitely a feature I
like.

Otherwise I'm mostly unfamiliar with these tools - and was curious what
your
tool of choice is for client machines, and why?

Thanks !

-PaN