[cvsnt] Re: WinCVS or TortoiseCVS?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jul 23 23:13:44 BST 2004

Terence Wilson wrote:
> Around here the preference is most definitely TortoiseCVS over WinCVS,
> several of the programmers in my group used profanity when describing their
> WinCVS experience, but I'm sure it must have some virtue. Personally
> speaking I think there's no contest.. TortoiseCVS rocks.

I'm just guessing here, but did they try WinCVS quite awhile ago (e.g.
~1 year or more)?  The first time I tried it there were *ahem* some
stability issues (I had to use the unstable version because I was using
sspi, which wasn't on the stable release at the time).  Since then they
have stabilized it and it seems robust, but I haven't used it much.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett