[cvsnt] Re: What is a repository prefix?

Steve Forsyth steveforsyth at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 00:00:14 BST 2004

In defense of cvsnt and Eclipse... I was able to get it to work with very
little trouble.

First of all, just like the error message says... don't use a prefix... if
you don't know what a prefix is... it was explained in the installation
instructions. When you set up a repository... you have the option of using a
prefix so that you don't have to put the whole path in your cvs client.
DON'T use a prefix, uncheck the box in the cvsnt admin tool and use the
whole path to your repository.

Second, you will want to check the box in the cvsnt admin tool that says
something about "act like a unix server" (or something like that) cause some
dumb-ass who probably doesn't like Windows programs decided to hard code
stuff in Eclipse to not work with cvsnt... probably jealous that a windows
program that started as a ?nix program has now become a more robust product
than the ?nix flavor. Sad but seems to be true. Anyway, thats it... if your
having other problems then you are probably not using the correct settings
or protocol.

Steve