[cvsnt] 2.0.51 windows clien - problems:

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jul 29 16:07:49 BST 2004

Harrison, Andrew wrote:
> Just now I checked out our project and found that the file security
> permissions were set so that I could not execute the build scripts.
> Previously all the files just inherited their permissions from the parent,
> so 'Everyone' got Full Control. This has now changed so that
> 'Administrators', 'Domain Users' and 'Everyone' has Read and Write
> permissions only. Nobody has execute permissions.

These are cygwin scripts presumably?  The execute permissions are now
honoured so you'll need to do a chmod/commit -f to make them executable
(although you'd presumably have had to do that anyway)... they'd
previously have been set to whatever random settings they picked up off
the parents (usually full control for owner, users and system).