[cvsnt] 2.0.51 windows clien - problems:

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Thu Jul 29 15:28:46 BST 2004

> From: Gennady G. Marchenko [mailto:gennady.marchenko at iss.ru]

> On my machine (winxp-sp1 + all security hotfixes from
> microsoft) cvs client
> 2.0.51 close in core when I give next command:
> Cvs -d D:\src init
> 2.0.51 client with old server (2.0.38? linux) retrieve files
> from cvs with
> strange security permission (owner: rw,group: r: other: no).
> but target cvs
> folder on ntfs drive has rwx access for everyone.

I think I've just hit the same problem. There was some discussion about it
earlier this month but I didn't pay attention as it worked ok for me.
However I now have a problem that may be caused by the fix in 2.0.50 for the
original problem:

Previously I was running Server 2.0.41, Client 2.0.41a and WinCVS 1.3.17.2.
With this everything was ok. Yesterday I upgraded to WinCVS 1.3.19.1, which
includes Client 2.0.51. Apart from the annoyance of loosing the default
CVSROOT, everything seemed ok at first.

Just now I checked out our project and found that the file security
permissions were set so that I could not execute the build scripts.
Previously all the files just inherited their permissions from the parent,
so 'Everyone' got Full Control. This has now changed so that
'Administrators', 'Domain Users' and 'Everyone' has Read and Write
permissions only. Nobody has execute permissions.

Is this due to an incompatibility with the Server 2.0.41 and the Client
2.0.51? Will upgrading the server to 2.0.51 at the same time as the client
fix this problem? Is there some other setting I've missed? Both the client
and server are running on Win2K, no *nix involved at all.

I have now gone back to Client 2.0.41a and it now goes back to the previous
behaviour. (I just copied the dir from a colleagues machine, didn't
re-install or re-register anything. Is this ok?)

Regards,
Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. 127 Fleet Road, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 3QN, UK

Please note that my email domain has changed from @anitetelecoms.com to
@anite.com
Registered in England No. 1721900 Registered Office: 353 Buckingham Avenue,
Slough, Berkshire SL1 4PF, United Kingdom

Scanned for viruses by MessageLabs. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.