[cvsnt] Commit Message

Tobias Müller tmueller at a-i-c.de
Tue Jun 1 17:48:30 BST 2004

Hi!

I am trying to access the commit message on a Windows 2000 Server, my
version of CVSNT is 2.0.41a. As I read, this message is sent to the
<STDIN> when having it passed to a script in the verifymsg file. I'm
trying to use a Windows Scripting Host script to save the contents of
<STDIN>...

Verifymsg:

^Test (cscript.exe //nologo C:/Programme/CVSnt/scripts/verifymsg.wsf

Verifymsg.wsf:

<job>
<script language="VBScript">

Dim Input
Input = ""

Do While Not WScript.StdIn.AtEndOfStream
   Input = Input & WScript.StdIn.ReadAll
Loop

SET MyFO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
SET MyLogFile =
MyFO.CreateTextFile("C:/Programme/CVSnt/scripts/verifymsg.log")

MyLOgFile.write Input
MyLOgFile.close

SET MyLOgFile = nothing
SET MyFO = nothing

WScript.Quit 0

</script>
</job>

What happens now is that I can't commit anymore, because there seems to
be an error (probably wrong return code):

cvs [commit aborted]: Message verification failed

As far as I know, cvs needs a return code of 0 to continue with the
commit. Am I doing something wrong here? Any hint is warmly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Tobi