[cvsnt] Help correcting mistake

P. Dwayne Miller dmiller at espgroup.net
Mon Jun 7 20:11:44 BST 2004

I have a user that tried to manually move a file out of the attic... (he
had deleted it by mistake).  Now, some operations work on that file, but
some result in the following error

cvs server: Dropping data: pos>vec->nlines
cvs [server aborted]: invalid change text in d:/cvs/dir/file.txt,v

We've both looked at the edited file, but cannot see anything that looks
wrong.  I would like to be able to keep the revision history so would
like to be able to recover the file if possible.  Otherwise, I can
delete the file completely and checkin the latest revision and go
forward from there.

He says he removed the 'DEAD" revision by editing the file manually.

Any hopes?

Tks,
Dwayne