[cvsnt] Re: Help correcting mistake

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jun 8 03:24:07 BST 2004

P. Dwayne Miller wrote:
> I have a user that tried to manually move a file out of the attic... (he
> had deleted it by mistake).  Now, some operations work on that file, but
> some result in the following error

> He says he removed the 'DEAD" revision by editing the file manually.
>
> Any hopes?

Go to your last backup of your repository and restore the file from
that.  You'll loose any changes since then but you could piece those
together from your broken RCS file.  If you don't have a good backup,
I'd start looking at the RCS file spec and try to piece together what is
wrong.

...and never, EVER, do that again!...

--
Glen Starrett