[cvsnt] Re: bug in cvs(nt)?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 14 00:14:18 BST 2004

Jerzy Kaczorowski wrote:
>>I wonder if WinCVS isn't installing the correct secur32.dll into the
>>system32 directory - which is required for NT4 and Win9x.
>

> WinCvs doesn't install secur32.dll.

Just needs this in the .iss file:

Source: sysfiles\secur32_nt4.dll; DestDir: {sys}; DestName: secur32.dll;
Flags: uninsneveruninstall sharedfile onlyifdoesntexist; MinVersion:
0,4.0.1381sp6; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,5.0.2195
Source: sysfiles\secur32_w98.dll; DestDir: {sys}; DestName: secur32.dll;
Flags: uninsneveruninstall sharedfile onlyifdoesntexist; MinVersion:
4.0.950,0; OnlyBelowVersion: 0,0

They're only 59k + 8k, so don't add much.

> To be honest I am always struggling with assembling a minimal set of files
> required to get CVSNT for a client-only configuration that WinCvs needs.

The only server components really are cvsservice and the lockserver (and
you'll need the lockserver in the new versions really as the client now starts
it as a tray app for local repositories).  postinst doesn't really do anything
any more.

> It would be great if we had a client-only, stripped-down version of setup
> with as little in it as client-only setup would install so I could just
> silently run that after WinCvs installation and be done with. The full
> installation that is currently around 3.5MB seems too big to be used in it's
> entirety.

2.5MB of that is C & MFC runtimes (2MB alone is the two MFC DLLs).

Only the unicode one is needed except for cvsagent, which for some reason
isn't unicode...  I prefer to install the full set just in case it upsets
anything but if space is tight I suppose you could arrange to drop one of them.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917