[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Jun 14 09:50:04 BST 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> It won't return the .cvsignore files in individual directories as
> they're added on the fly during update.  You also get duplicates -
> there's never been any duplicate detection on in the code as it just
> scans from top-bottom and breaks on the first hit, so if you're
> processing it automatically you'll need to do similar.

Fine with me. Just what I expected.

> cvsrc is harder as it's not stored

Huh? It's right next to .cvsignore isn't it?

 > - it's just calculated based on the
> current command.

That's why I thought it would be nice if one could (optionally) just get
the options for a given command as in: cvs info cvsrc update .

 > As there's no builtin .cvsrc this could be implemented
> externally with a checkout + reading the one on the client side...
> that's pretty much what I'd have to do anyway :)

Is that different from what you now do with .cvsignore?

> The new upload is on its way to the server now (didn't see the point in
> changing the version number as it's only been a couple of hours and only
> 8 people have downloaded the other one so far).

Looks good. Both cvs info cvsignore and cvs info cvswrappers now return
exactly what I had imagined. :)
Thanks a lot so far!

Cheers,

--